Rats and mice cause billions of dollars in damage to homes, businesses, and crops each year – including being a cause of electrical fires! Rodents are dangerous pests that can transmit devastating illnesses and carry parasites which may also spread disease… and become secondary infestations. Rodent extermination and prevention are a necessity.
Threats Caused by Rodents
Damage: Rodents are among nature’s most destructive pests. Their sharp teeth never stop growing and they gnaw through wood, drywall, insulation, wiring, and much more. When they chew through building materials, water can leak inside your property and cause additional damage. Fires often result from rodents chewing through electrical wires.
Disease: Rodents transmit diseases through their urine, feces, tracks, and – sometimes – through bites. Hantavirus, leptospirosis, monkeypox, rat bite fever, and salmonellosis are only a few of the diseases spread directly by rats or mice.
Parasites: Additional diseases are spread indirectly when ticks, mites, fleas, or mosquitoes feed on infected rodents and then spread viruses or bacteria to humans. Rodents in your home or business can cause a secondary parasite infestation that will also need to be eliminated.
Signs of Rodents
In addition to seeing a living or deceased rodent, there are other signs you may have an infestation that need to be addressed. Here are some clues to alert you to the presence of rodents:
- Rustling noises in your walls, attic, or floors, especially at night.
- Smells of urine, staleness, or decomposing rodents.
- Tracks, particularly near food sources.
- Droppings which can occur anywhere but are often found near food sources, inside cupboards, and under sinks.
- Nests or shredded nesting materials like paper, fabric, food packaging, or insulation.
- Chew marks on walls, baseboards, or floors since rodents chew to access food sources and to grind down their ever-growing teeth.
- Holes chewed into walls and floors as entryways into homes, garages, sheds, etc.
Integrated Pest Management with Skyway Pest
Because rodents can be notoriously difficult to eliminate permanently, we deploy the principles of integrated pest management. We focus on the full ecosystem of your home or business, using the best and safest combination of methods to target and remove rodents while also preventing their future return.
At Skyway Pest Management, we view our clients as partners in long-term rodent control. Our pest removal and prevention methods are designed to be environmentally friendly – minimizing risks to humans and domestic animals.
Contact Us Today
Our professional rodent control and extermination experts will work hard to ensure your property is rodent-free. We are your authority on residential rodent control as well as commercial rodent control.
Call now at 631-789-9940 and be sure to check out our coupons